Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Food Frustration

So it is finally starting to get to me....I have been struggling to get Lydia to eat for quite awhile now. I have taken the approach that is recommended by our doctor and not made a big deal out of it so that it doesn't become a power struggle. I am finally at my breaking point. Most people say things like..."_____ will only eat ______." I can't even say that. It seems like everything that she likes or has previously liked, now is not working. I don't want to make multiple meals and haven't, unless we are having something that I know she absolutely will not eat. Yesterday she told me her spaghetti was "scary". AHHHH... It is getting scary to me when I know that she has eaten about 300 calories all week! I know others have to have problems with this....any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. My only suggestion is that they will not let themselves starve. I typically fix one meal. Like it or lump it. Granted, I know for a fact Matthew does not care for soup. When I choose to make soup, I will often make him a sandwich with his soup. He still gets soup and has to try it but has a fallback that I know he will eat. It doesn't work for everyone but I know if they are hungry, they will eat.

    ReplyDelete